Predictable Enterprise Architecture, our systematic method is “codified common sense.”
We built it upon TOGAF framework's essential scaffolding.
Wherever possible, we use open industry leading reference models.
Our role is to develop your team or useful enterprise architecture, not develop a method.
Conexiam uses Pilot™, our change leadership method, to lead transformation effort. Conexiam integrates architectural, operational, project management and budget processes to ensure we realize the strategy.
We either do the work or teach you to fish.
In either case, we follow our Predictable EA method.
In a fixed time period we:
- deliver enterprise architecture that guides your change
- develop your in-house enterprise architecture team
Develop your Enterprise Architecture Team
We believe our success lies in leaving our proven method with you for your team to grow. We help you identify and bring specialists for specific digitization concern, the right system integrator, and the best option to get to location agnostic computing. All dependant on what your company is trying to achieve through its goals.
Deliver Enterprise Architecture to Guide Change
We build straightforward, executable and repeatable enterprise architecture and solution architecture.
We use Navigate, our straightforward, practical content framework. Industry and domain specific Atlases extend core Navigate. Pilot, our proven change leadership method delivers strategy-driven projects.
EA Team Development
We are a boutique shop with experience in multiple industry verticals across the US, Canada, Africa and the Middle East. Conexiam has established a sound practice of developing architecture predictably.
Understanding the purpose of the architecture engagement, and what information they require allows Conexiam to tailor the architecture deliverables. Conexiam has developed a Predictable EA approach using fixed periods of time with known deliverables and work product.
Central purposes of enterprise architecture
Typically, there are four broad purposes of an EA Capability:
- EA to support Strategy: provide an end-to-end target architecture, and develop roadmaps of change over longer time periods. In this context, architecture is used to identify change initiatives and supporting portfolio and programs.
- EA to support Portfolio: Deliver EA to support cross-functional, multi-phase, and multi-project change initiatives. In this context, architecture is used to identify projects, set their terms of reference, align their approaches, identify synergies, and govern their execution.
- EA to support Project: Deliver EA to support the Enterprise’s project delivery method to assure compliance with architectural governance, and to support the integration and alignment between projects.
- EA to support Solution Deployment: Deliver EA that is used to support solution deployment by defining how the change will be designed and delivered, and finally, act as a governance framework for change.
Effective usable Enterprise Architecture
We have observed that our clients want an effective architecture that is used to guide and improve operations.
They are not interested in academic work or method invention.
The fastest path to effective architecture is to leverage established tools and open materials.
We base our practice upon TOGAF. We extend TOGAF with Navigate and a set of open reference materials. We use Avolution’s ABACUS because it is the most effective EA analytic tool and EA Repository we can find.
In Person and Remote
Our projects require both on-site and off-site activity. Our investment in document sharing, workflow, electronic conferencing and mobile communications enables us to use resources responsibly. All of our staff members have experience working in multiple time zones across geographies.
We use our secure team collaboration infrastructure for work-in-progress and make it available to members of our client teams as required.
Conexiam’s Predictable EA uses time-boxed delivery. Knowledge manufacturing and agile practices provide predictability and clarity of what work is requested and delivered.
In each time-boxes sprint, we target one or more deliverables and we will develop a breakdown of work product. Each deliverable and work product will have an accountable resource and due date.
EA Capability Practice
Conexiam’s EA Capability Practice lives and works around the globe. We work in multiple industries with deep experience in capital intensive industries, finance, manufacturing and high-tech. We have established teams for century-old organizations and start-ups.
We have been establishing and enhancing EA Capability for a couple of decades. Some of the first EA teams we helped establish are still delivering value.
Early in 2015 we shared our method to establish a world class EA team. The Open Group published A Leader’s Approach to Establishing and Evolving an EA Capability.
The paper identifies best practices you should adopt to stand-up, strengthen and sustain your EA Team.
Ready to find out more?
Drop us a line today for a free quote!