- Download 3
- File Size 799.16 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date 17 January 2021
- Last Updated 13 February 2021
The Architecture Governor's Guide divides governance activity into approval of the target architecture, and implementation governance.
Governance is a “system by which an organization is directed, overseen and held accountable for achieving its defined purpose” Understand the tough part of enterprise architecture governance - who has decision authority. Ensure that they realize the intended benefits and values expected.
Architecture Governor's Guide
Architecture Governance must address four distinct aspects of governance:
- Governing the creation of enterprise architecture
- Governing change through the use of enterprise architecture
- Governing value realization after the change team is done
- Governing operation of the enterprise architecture team and enterprise architects
Architecture Governor's Guide Roles
- Stakeholders own the architecture and architecture decisions. Enterprise Architects primarily serve Stakeholders.
- Sponsors & Implementers own implementation decisions.They deliver the expected benefits of the change within the constraints of the target architecture.
- Subject Matter Experts provide specialist advice.
- Enterprise Architect serve the Stakeholder, identify the best possible change, and guide the Implementers to deliver the expected value.
The Architecture Governor's Guide is written for EA Team Leaders. The advice is useful for enterprise architects seeking a better understanding of developing an optimal target architecture and obtaining the expected benefits.
What happens next
- You will get an email with a download link. The link is valid for 15 minutes. If it expires, please re-request.
- We will add you to an email list that focuses on being a better enterprise architect. The list gets new free content on supporting change.
You are free to skip joining the list.
- You will get an invitation to join our free EA Community.
|World-Class EA - Governors’ Approach to Developing and Exercising an Enterprise Architecture Governance Capability (W178).PDF|