- Download 57
- File Size 858.41 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date 4 June 2020
- Last Updated 16 February 2021
Download Starting an EA Capability in the Government Guide
Starting an EA Capability in the Government Guide helps establish, build, and operate a government architecture practice. Enterprise architecture in the public sector is usually policy, or initiative, based.
eGovernment, eGovernance, and other policy-based initiatives are common in the public sector. Government departments, ministries, federal agency, or quasi-government agency cannot change their mandate. They often change their service delivery to support policy initiatives.
An EA Capability in the Public Sector will often be established for a policy initiative. The introduction, or change, of a service usually requires architecture and change planning across multiple budget cycles.
Starting an EA Capability in the Government Guide
High-functioning EA Teams are deliberately designed and implemented. Configuring a Public Sector EA. Start with building a deliberate architecture team, supported by a practice that can deliver useful architecture.
Central questions that drive the configuration of a Public Sector EA Team include:
- Who must you serve?
- How to align an EA Team to agile delivery?
- When to adjust for different transformation approaches (major transformation vs. continuous improvement initiative)?
- Methods to select and engage strategic partners?
A strategic partner will implement most digital transformation and digital service initiatives. The Government EA Team needs to be able to assist in the selection and guidance of the strategic partner.
We wrote Starting an EA Capability in the Government Guide for Public Sector EA Team Leaders. It provides a specialized version of the Leader's Guide for the Public Sector. The advice is useful for enterprise architects seeking a better understanding of developing an optimal target architecture.
What happens next
You can also get Starting an EA Capability in the Government Guide directly from the Open Group.
- You will get an email with a download link. The link is valid for 15 minutes. If it expires, please re-request.
- We will add you to an email list that focuses on being a better enterprise architect. The list gets new free content on supporting change.
You are free to skip joining the list.
- You will get an invitation to join our free EA Community.
The Starting an EA Capability in the Government Guide is part of the TOGAF Body of Knowledge.
|1611196539wpdm_Starting an Enterprise Architecture Capability in the Government Sector (Open Group g18c_1).pdf|