What is IT4IT?
The IT4ITTM Reference Architecture is a new standard published by The Open Group. In the age of digital transformation, an integrated approach for managing the business of IT is critical. The IT4IT standard offers a truly open, consortium-based, architectural reference model for IT management and business and IT alignment.
- Enables alignment of your IT capabilities and services with business need.
- Provides a uniform approach to the procurement, provisioning, consumption and management of IT services through an IT value chain.
- Enables effective management of complex IT ecosystems (Cloud-Sourcing, Agile, DevOps, Service Brokering, etc.).
- Allows for a deeper insight into the performance of your IT environment and highlight opportunities for cost improvement, quality enhancement and risk reduction.
- Embraces and complements existing process frameworks and methodologies (e.g., ITIL®, CoBIT®, SAFe, and TOGAF®) by taking an information focused implementation model perspective.
- Provides huge cost savings in IT (see side bar)
About Conexiam’s IT4IT Consulting
Conexiam’s IT4IT Consulting Service is offered to customers that have invested, or are considering investing significantly, in organizational transformation, Using Conexiam’s Enterprise Architecture Frameworks, NavigateTM and PilotTM in concert with IT4IT’s Reference Architecture will achieve an improvement in your IT efficiency and agility.
Why Conexiam Consulting
Using the IT4IT Value Chain we help you design and implement the IT operating model that will help you to execute your innovation and business strategies. Typical drivers include a desire to better align IT with the business, a desire to reduce cost and complexity, a need to better manage service delivery and service quality.
To accomplish this, we help you by implementing your new operating model by following the IT4IT guiding principles:
- The new operating model can be phased in without a need for a ‘rip and replace’ approach.
- The new operating model will be flexible enough to be used in a rapidly changing world.
- The new operating model is technology and vendor agnostic and can be used with your existing vendor relationships.
- The new operating model will be complimentary to existing frameworks and methodologies.