ABACUS is an enterprise modelling tool that we use extensively at Conexiam, and we are excited with the enhancements and the improved capability of the tool.
- Additional data integrations including Google Sheets, ServiceNow, and Technopedia
- Improved speed and faster processing of data, editing features for faster modeling and more powerful analytics
- 3D data visualizations, users can ‘fly-thru’ dynamic models of their enterprise infrastructure. Plus further visualization upgrades
- Extended architect-to-executive collaboration features. Improving understanding of architectural intelligence
- New icon libraries for creating executive-friendly diagrams and EA presentations
- Extensive UI updates including improvements to reporting and publishing features.
Conexiam uses ABACUS to create architecture models that are compliant with TOGAF 9.1, and have used ABACUS’ EA models in Navigate, Conexiam’s in house methodology. Our modelling team is excited about the new changes, and have found even in the short time since release that the updates are effective and useful.
The increased depth and complexity of the models included in the 5.1 update were matched with improved model construction and viewing abilities; the models created are more detailed with better defined relationships between components, while creating and viewing the work has never been easier. Our team is especially excited about the new visualization features, as links between EA, Business Strategy and IT & IT infrastructure can be effectively presented, both between departments and at important meetings.
ABACUS 5.1 is available on-premise or as a cloud-based web-app. It is the first EA tool to be fully certified for both TOGAF 9.1 and ArchiMate 3.0 and also supports over 100 other frameworks and notations.
A webinar looking at the update can be found at: https://goo.gl/kMWyqK
We offer a free course using ABACUS to support aligning EA & GRC (Governance, Risk & Compliance). If you are looking for improving your ABACUS skills we offer specialized training.