Business Architecture Training
We adapt our business architecture training to directly support your business architects. They may be supporting strategic change, digital transformation, divisional improvement, or other enterprise change.
Business architecture is the foundation of all best-practice enterprise architecture. The business architecture simplifies the organization, process and design of your enterprise. You use the simplification to design a change that improves your organization.
Conexiam's business architecture training build the skills so that you can understanding the real-world in a way that allows you to communicate how to most effectively change your enterprise.
Business Architecture Training Scope
There is an interminable discussion about the purpose: is the business architecture being done to architect the business, or are the techniques of business architecture being applied to gain enough of an understanding for IT alignment.
Best-practice business architecture treats the business organization, operating model, processes and information as variables - thing that can be changed to improve the organization. However, just like every other domain the scope of the change depends on what you are developing an architecture for.
Architecture to support strategy will have the fewest constraints. Business architecture to support solution delivery will be heavily constrained by superior architecture. All of it is business architecture. All business architecture is subject to architecture governance - the directions and controls of superior architecture.
Ask about Custom Business Architecture Training
Customized for your EA Team
Business Architecture training
Business Architecture training provides you with the tools and technques to develop an integrated understanding of the organization. You will learn how to use this understanding to see where your organization is deficient-where your organization must change.
Business architecture elements include
- Business strategy: the strategic goals that drive an organization forward and maps them to metrics for ongoing evaluation of how well the enterprise is achieving its goals.
- Business capabilities: Describes an organization’s customer-facing functions, supplier-related functions, core business execution functions and business management functions.
- Business information: Establishes the common information, the sources and flows the organization relies on to perform its operations.
- Business operations: Defines the operational strategic, core, and support structures that go beyond functional and organizational boundaries. Also describes the external entities such as customers, partners & suppliers that interact with the enterprise.
- Business organization & geography: Outlines the relationships between roles, capabilities and business units, the breakdown of business units into subunits, and the internal or external management of those units.
In the real world we rarely have freedom to develop a greenfield architecture. As a starting point the course provides guidance on the fitting inside superior architecture.
Business Architecture Training Course
This custom training course provides the skills and knowledge to develop a blueprint of an organization in the future. You will learn how to assess deficiency across multiple axis - differentiation, efficiency, agility. Then to design the changes necessary to deliver against strategic objectives and tactical demands.
You will learn how to develop an integrated set of views that show the impact of different potential changes against your stakeholder set of concerns.
Hands-on Exercise Centric Training
Exercises are designed to build an architecture and demonstrate end-to-end traceability. In the classroom delivery, all exercises are done in groups.
To enable participants to build a business architecture foundation to support the achievement of key goals, deliver business value and execute business scenarios, this course will teach you to recognize and evaluate the relationships between different architecture elements.
Business Architecture Training Course Outline
- 3 days of instruction
- Workshop Exercises
- Exercise review
- Electronic copy of all Conexiam courseware and exercise materials
- Electronic copy of all Conexiam Navigate templates and public architecture tools used in the course
- Students have access to up-dated courseware, exercise materials, Navigate templates and public architecture contents for over one year
- References to relevant literature
An understanding of EA concepts pertaining to governance, stakeholders, targets, alignment and trade-off analysis. Completion of EA with TOGAF® and Navigate is an asset.
Who Should Attend:
Business Architecture Training Customization
We customize the Business Architecture training course to align to your business architecture focus and the problem you are solving. Common customization include strategic change, digital transformation, divisional improvement, or other enterprise change.
Business Architecture for Strategic Change
Organizations often embark on a strategic change without understanding how to change. Best-in-class architecture always includes guidance on change. We lean heavily on Hambrick's Strategy diamond to test the strategy. This customization use the Conexiam Navigate atlas to support strategy.
Business Architecture for Digital Transformation
Business architecture suffuses most of the Seven Levers of Digital Transformation. The first question for Digital Transformation is the level, enterprise, divisional, or product line?
One specialized variant is the Business Architect's approach to the IT-Organization.
Business Architecture for Divisional Change
Most business architecture is done to change a division, or business unit. In fact, most organizational change is at this level. This customization use the Conexiam Navigate atlas to support portfolio.
Divisional change is often slightly at odds to the over-all enterprise direction. Architecture governance is critical to this variant.